by Jeanette Sakel – UPDATED!
Let’s start a thread here with textbooks for sale for English Language and Linguistics & English and English Language at UWE. If you have any books for sale, let us know and we’ll put them on this list. Current/new students: if you’re looking for specific books you could ask for them here as well – just write me a quick email jeanette.sakel at uwe.ac.uk
For Sale (By Eleonore Leconte)
For sale (by Alex Hurst)
-Analysing Newspapers: An Approach from Critical Discourse Analysis. Richardson, J. (2006) (Good book for those doing Critical Discourse Analysis module) – £18…
– Child Language: Acquisition and Development. Saxton (2010)- £15
– English Language: Description, Variation and Context. Culpepper et al (2009) – £12
– Understanding Research in Second Language Learning: A Teachers Guide to Statistics and Research Design. Mullany & Stockwell (2010). – £7.50
– Critical Reading and Writing: An Introductory Coursebook. Goatly (2000)- £10
– The Practice of English Language Teaching (Longman Handbooks for Teachers) Harmer (1991)- £2
– The Discourse Reader. Jawroski & Coupland (2006) – £15 (Good for Dissertation, Gender and Critical Discourse Analysis Modules)
– An Introduction to Sociolinguistics (Learning about Language) Holmes (2008) – £10
– A History of the English Lanuguage. Baugh & Cable (2002) – £10. (Great for Richards History of the English Language Module).