by Sandee Sond
I am currently working on a very exciting project involving early years literacy and my company has given me the go ahead to recruit an intern this summer. This is a great opportunity – I started my role as an intern and now essentially run a small business within a young, vibrant start up company. The person we welcome into our team will get to help us launch the project both online and at an event in June. One important note is that cover letters must be tailored to the role – this is what let down many applicants last summer. If there are any questions, my preferred email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATION UMBRELLA – ROUTES TO READING
Vacancy title: UWE Undergraduate Internship – literary event support
Summary: Education Umbrella is looking for an intern to join the team running our exciting new Routes to Reading (R2R) project. R2R is an innovative new literacy project for children aged 0-3 years. R2R is launching with an event at @Bristol on Saturday 28 June.
Education Umbrella is a highly ambitious education company launched in 2013. We specialise in state-of-the-art ecommerce supply of educational resources to schools, creation of editorial content and digital resource publishing. We are now looking to take a step into the parent market.
As well as being part of a small but energetic team within Education Umbrella, the intern will:
- Analyse data provided by book reviewers to help create and edit book lists on the R2R site (using our CMS system)
- Upload content to the R2R site to prepare for the event
- Assist in the preparation and marketing of the event
- Produce a review of the event and a lessons learned report.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience of working on an event
- Experience of working with the public
- A track record of effective communication and team work
- Competency with IT and websites.
In return, working on the project will give you:
- Experience of helping organise a big event
- Experience of working on an early years literacy project
- Experience of web content management and use of social media in a commercial context
- Development of several key competencies: team work, time management, communication, self development.
The post is full-time and the internship would run for 8 weeks (296 hours), with the possibility of ongoing work for a successful intern.
Start date: Monday 2 June
Please send a CV, with a brief covering email telling us why you are interested in the role, to Kate Lawrence: email@example.com